- Redundant power input via Power over Ethernet, or 12-48V DC terminal block
- Redundant dual Ethernet ports with < 10ms recovery time
- Up to 460.8 Kbps baud rate
- IP-30 industrial casing
- Supports RS232, RS422 and RS485 serial protocols
- Supports ICMP, IP, TCP, UDP, DHCP, BOOTP, ARP/RARP, DNS, SNMP MIB II
- SSL, SSH, and HTTPS data encryption and security protocols
- Wall or DIN rail mountable
- Configurable via software utility, or web browser
- 8KV air, and 4KV contact ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) Protection
- 1KV isolation on PoE port
- Simultaneous connection with up to five host devices
Startech 4Port Ind RS232 Serial Device Server PoE
The PoE-powered NETRS42348PD 4-Port Industrial Serial Device Server lets you remotely manage up to four industrial RS232/422/485 serial devices over a local or wide area network (LAN/WAN), with redundant power inputs and dual 10/100Mbps Ethernet ports.
To minimize downtime, this intuitive dual Ethernet serial over IP solution maintains connection to your critical equipment by automatically switching to its secondary LAN port within 10 milliseconds of a network failure or disruption.
Ideal for industrial environments, the serial to Ethernet device server accepts wide-range 12-48V DC power input via a terminal block, or through a PoE RJ45 port. Redundant power inputs keep the device server functional in the event of power surges or failures, and when used with a PoE-capable switch or injector, the serial device server can be conveniently installed in locations where terminal block power is unavailable.
This device server supports baud rates up to 460.8Kbps which provides a smooth, high-speed connection to your serial devices. The device server also offers support for HTTPS, SSH and SSL to ensure secure communication, while integrating support for IP, HTTP, ICMP, DHCP, TCP and UDP protocols. You can customize the serial device server to suit your application with versatile browser-based or virtual com port software configuration.
Ensuring performance in harsh environments, this serial device server offers 8KV air, and 4KV contact ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) protection and features a rugged, IP-30 case design that is both DIN rail and wall-mountable.
Backed by a 5-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.